How To Fix Error on Android Phone’s Gallery (Not Showing Pictures) – There’s some people asking me about an error on their Android phone’s gallery app. The app is not appearing some photos that has been saved on the microSD.
Sometimes, the gallery app is only showing “No thumbnails” message. This usually happen after the user has updating the gallery app, but on sometimes the problem is coming just like that. Do you face the same problem with your Android device?
You don’t need to panic, because there’s an easy way to fix that issue. Now, if your Android phone’s not showing pictures, you only need to follow this simple steps:
- Move your photo to another folder with file manager app
- Move back to the previous folder
Don’t know how to do that? Alright, i’ll bring you a quick tutorial. But, before we continue, make sure that you have a File Manager app installed on your phone. Or, you can install ASTRO File Manager if you don’t have one.
1. Now let’s assume that the photos that won’t appear in the gallery app are saved in microSD, inside the DCIM folder. So, the first thing we should do is to find the DCIM folder. If you’re using ASTRO File Manager, you can accessing the microSD by tapping on the left arrow icon (on the top left corner), then select microSD.
2. Have you found the location of DCIM folder? Now create a new folder on the same location as the DCIM folder (not inside the DCIM folder). If you’re using ASTRO File Manager, you can create it by tapping on the three dots icon (on the top right corner), then select New Folder.
3. Tap and hold on the DCIM folder, open the options menu (again, tap the three dots icon on the top right corner), and then select Move (or “Cut”) option.
4. After that, access the newly created folder, then Paste on it. Wait until the process is complete, and move back the DCIM folder to it’s original location.
Done! Now you can check your gallery app. It should be normal now. That’s it! I hope this will also work well on your phone. 😀